Discussion Center

Join the discussion! Share your insights, help a colleague. Every participant makes a difference.

Caseloads

Discuss Service Delivery/Workload Issues.

Caseloads

Postby perrmau » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I'd like to see what other peoples' caseload numbers are. Please post how much you work, how many and what type of schools you are at, approximate population of the school, number of students on your caseload, and state. Thanks!
For example, 80% position, 2 schools ( 4th-6th - about 550 students, and 7th-8th - about 390 students), current # on caseload 43, WI
perrmau

Re: Caseloads

Postby ledgerly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 am

I am fulltime in a middle school grades 5-8 approx 500 students. I have 54 in my caseload and another SLP works 3 days with about 33 in her caseload. A few of the kiddos have 1 sesion with me and another with her so the total is less than the sum of our 2 caseloads. Seems like too many any way we split the students....never enough time. Our school has all the district program classrooms for grades 5-8 for life skills, emotional/behavioral disorders (many with speech-lang/prag goals), and ASD classes. So these students require more therapy time. In additon I have 1 student with SM and 7 ASD who function well academically but not socially and these are not among the 13 students in the program classrooms.
Lauren
ledgerly

Return to Service Delivery/Workload Issues