Discussion Center

Join the discussion! Share your insights, help a colleague. Every participant makes a difference.

Contracted Services

Post your SLP positions or post your job needs for others to view.

Contracted Services

Postby marycl » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:39 pm

What school districts are using contracted services to fill positions when there are no SLP applicants?
1. How many contract SLPs do you have?
2. What hourly rate does the contract company receive?
2. What companies have been able to provide SLPs?
marycl

Contracted Services

Postby JudiSLP » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:30 pm

1. We have one NPA (non-public agency) SLP, an one NPA SLP/ SLP-A team curently in our district.
2.contract rate $55/ hour, for eight hour day
3. definite lack of NPA SLPs
JudiSLP

Contracted Services

Postby slpmom2 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:25 am

I am planning on going back to work as an independent contractor. Can you tell me what area of the country this kind of compensation is coming from? Also, can anyone give me some estimates about what kind of hourly or per session charge would be reasonable for the Kentucky area? Thanks.
slpmom2

Contracted Services

Postby JudiSLP » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:35 am

We are in Antioch Unified School District, which is the East Bay Area of San Francisco. We have several openings in our school district, which we would love to fill with our own staff. However, we would be happy also to find contract staff.
JudiSLP

Contracted Services

Postby evawd » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:33 pm

Our district in Florida continues to have openings. We started with 37 openings (of 250 positions) and we still have 12+. We contracted with 2 large national companies and they could not provide the personnel we needed. I think the hourly rate with those companies was about $55 per hour. Our district is anticipating putting out an RFP again I believe.
evawd

Return to SLP Career Board