Discussion Center

Join the discussion! Share your insights, help a colleague. Every participant makes a difference.

EBS & Independent Services

Post your SLP positions or post your job needs for others to view.

Postby SpeechLady20 » Mon May 09, 2005 7:26 pm

I'm currently working at a school with a huge caseload; feeling overworked and under paid! I have some SNF experience and am looking to "broaden my horizons." I keep receiving postcards and emails from a contract company called EBS Healthcare. Anyone ever work for them or know how they are to work for? They look like they have great bennies!

Also, I'm considering seeing clients privately but have no idea what to charge. Can anyone tell me what the going rate is in the New England area?
SpeechLady20

Postby dawnslp3 » Tue May 10, 2005 10:13 am

Sorry, I have interviewed people that have had VERY bad experiences with EBS. I'm not saying all people had a bad experience, but there are references to them (EBS) on other boards as well (ASHA forums) about how they have left some people in a new place with no job. I would definitely do my research first.

As for rates in your area, call the local clinics and ask how much they charge. You don't have to id yourself as an SLP.
dawnslp3

Postby SpeechLady20 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:11 pm

Yikes, thanks for the info! I think I'll steer clear of them...
SpeechLady20

Return to SLP Career Board