Discussion Center

Join the discussion! Share your insights, help a colleague. Every participant makes a difference.

Gabriela

Post your SLP positions or post your job needs for others to view.

Gabriela

Postby gabriela » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:56 am

I will like to know about a clinic or insitution in de USA to work with hispanic kids or adults in the area of speech and language as well in learning disabilities. I am from Mexico city and I will like to have some practice out of my country. Preferently I like New York, Boston or San Francisco. Thanks
gabriela

Gabriela

Postby PKooren » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:23 pm

HI Gabriela
Our public school system in California is in high need of bilingual speech therapists. San Jose, Watsonville, San Diego are a few where there are a lot of Hispanic kids.
Mucha suerte

PKooren
PKooren

Gabriela

Postby kendrap » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:08 pm

Hi Gabriela--

I'm an SLP at a community clinic in San Diego with a 90% Spanish-speaking, Hispanic population. We serve all ages, but focus on Early Intervention, ages 0-5 years. We have a complete department, including Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, etc. and the clinic is a complete medical facility with all medical services (dentist, vision, nutrition, pediatrics, women's clinic, etc.). If you might be intrested let me know, or ask some questions and I will try my best to answer them--
kendrap

Return to SLP Career Board