Discussion Center

Join the discussion! Share your insights, help a colleague. Every participant makes a difference.

Hanen Programs

Post your SLP positions or post your job needs for others to view.

Hanen Programs

Postby mgd76tu » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:01 pm

I own a private practice in Boston, and I am going to be offering the Hanen Program, It Takes Two to Talk (parent workshop) in the spring. Does anyone have any expereince with hosting such a workshop? Do you feel there is a need/desire by parents to attend the Hanen workshops? Thanks !!
mgd76tu

Hanen Programs

Postby Karen2 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:39 pm

I see a need for this training for parents but am sure they are not aware of this program or their need for it. I would contact several school districts and private SLPs in the area to see if they have parents that would attend. Our district offers "parent training" on a monthly basis but probably would not pay for the parents to attend such a program. You would have to offer free babysitting, maybe snacks, and make it affordable.
Karen2

Hanen Programs

Postby joamar » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 am

We held a program using It Takes Two book but we modified the program so we weren't doing anything illegally. We held the program at night and had both sets of parents come for a couple of hours one night a week. We had written a grant so there was money enough for a meal and babysitting if necessary. The parents felt that they had really learned something from the classes and enjoyed the videos that we shared.
joamar

Return to SLP Career Board